Making Your GozAround Experience Safe & Successful
As with anyone you meet—online or offline—your sound judgment and instincts are necessary to protect yourself. There is no substitution for acting with caution when communicating with someone you do not know. Here are some essential 'rules-of-the-road' for safely navigating any personal interaction, but especially one that begins online.
When choosing to assist or receive assistance from another user, remember to review the account verification methods listed on their profile (e.g. email account, phone number, Facebook account etc.) and check their feedback and ratings. These can be valuable tools for assessing someone’s legitimacy and reputation. Again, it is ultimately your decision on whether to reveal your contact details, location, and/or personal information or to receive/give assistance, but these GozAround account details should be carefully considered.
1. Always Use Your Best Judgment
GozAround does not conduct criminal background checks or investigate the character or intentions of those that use the site. As with any personal interaction, keep in mind it is always possible for people to misrepresent themselves. Assessing a member's truthfulness and honesty is ultimately your responsibility. Don't ignore any facts that seem inconsistent or "off." Trust your instincts and remember that you have control over the situation. If you're talking to someone online or by phone and they say things that raise your suspicions, consider ending the conversation. If you’re are assisting someone or receiving assistance and you feel uncomfortable, leave or call for help.
Also, be aware of these common red flags when you’re getting to know someone new. Watch out for someone who:
· Immediately requests to talk or chat on an outside email or messaging service.
· Claims that your introduction was “destiny” or “fate,” especially early in communication.
· Claims to be from the USA or Canada. but is currently living, working, or traveling abroad.
· Asks for money, goods or any similar type of assistance, especially if you have never met in person.
· Asks you to assist with personal transactions (depositing funds, shipping merchandise, etc.).
· Asks inappropriate questions.
· Tells inconsistent or grandiose stories.
· Gives vague answers to specific questions.
· Urges you to compromise your principles.
· Constantly blames others for troubles in his or her life.
· Disappears suddenly from the site then reappears under a different name.
2. NEVER Share Financial Information or Certain Personal Information
· NEVER give out your credit card number or bank information.
·NEVER share your Social Security Number/Social Insurance Number, mother's maiden name, or other private information that can be used to access your financial information.
· NEVER send money to someone you meet online, especially by wire transfer.
Immediately stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
3. Protect Your Account
When accessing your account from a public or shared computer, use caution and be aware of your surroundings so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We hope these guidelines will help to make your GozAround experience a success.
GozAround Customer Care