Learn To Be is a 501c3 non-profit bringing free, 1-on-1, online tutoring to underserved youth around the United States. We want to live in a world where all kids have access to a great education — not just those whose families can afford one.
Learn To Be tutors are dedicated volunteers who believe deeply in educational equity. Our volunteer tutors work 1-on-1 with our diverse cohort of students including foster youth, homeless youth, and students attending Title 1 schools. To date, we have hosted over 85,000 hours of tutoring for over 3,500 students.
WHY TUTOR WITH LTB?
1. Change a kid’s life for the better: When you help underserved kids do better in school, you can change the course of their lives. We think relationships really matter. That’s why at Learn To Be, you’ll work 1-on-1 with the same student each week, for as long as you need to be able to help them reach their goals.
2. It’s more than service: If you’re here because you need school credits, we’ve got your back! But we can also help you develop leadership skills, plug into a community of professionals, and take the first step toward building a career in helping others.
3. Build your network: Join our private online community and engage with some pretty incredible people. Meet and become buddies with NASA scientists, engineers, writers, historians, and industry leaders in our community of thousands of volunteer tutors. You might find a mentor of your own!
- Select the student/s you would like to work with from a queue of students in need of a tutor.
- Communicate directly with your student/family to determine the best schedule for lessons. Establish the best way to stay in touch and communicate with them regularly.
- Commit to tutoring 1-2x per week (or more!) for at least a semester.
- Support your student/s through homework help, test prep, and occasionally creating activities and engaging lesson plans.
- 14 years old +
- Be in the United States
- Consent to a public record background check
- Understanding of technology or the ability to learn quickly
- Responsible and reliable
- Organized and a good communicator
- Flexible & empathetic to students from differing circumstances
- Passionate about working with K- 12 students
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
- Gain practical skill-building experience at an ed-tech, start-up non-profit organization. Learn To Be is in an exciting phase of growth and will prioritize volunteer tutors when hiring for full-time roles.
- Join the Junior Board. The LTB Junior Board position is an opportunity for volunteers to become more involved with running a non-profit, and also provides the chance to learn more about social entrepreneurship, education, marketing, and fundraising.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit Learn To Be (learntobe.org/apply) to learn more and apply!
This position is a 100% volunteer position and is unpaid.
Immediate and ongoing!
This is a remote position. You’re free to volunteer from anywhere in the United States!
1268 N. Lakeview Ave., Suite 201
United States of America
Estimated Time Required:
14 To 99
Must be verified by: