Road to Relief is a new humanitarian organisation dedicated to the evacuation of Ukrainian people from the areas most affected by the Russian invasion. We perform rescue operations and extractions from the frontlines, bring humanitarian aid to isolated areas, and help separated families find their loved ones.
We have been in Ukraine from the very beginning of the war, and in 8 months we established active evacuation routes from the Zaporizhzhia, Kharkiv and Donbass regions. We have successfully evacuated thousands of people, brought humanitarian aid to uncountable families, and helped hundreds of separated families to reconnect and find their loved ones.
Registered in France, our organisation has a second base in London and a Field Operations team that goes along the Eastern front in Ukraine to those areas where help is most needed.
At the moment we are urgently looking for a Fundraising Manager to meet funding targets and help the NGO increase and diversify its sources of income from external sources.
Terms of Reference
The successful candidate will be in charge of the Fundraising department of the NGO, under direct supervision of the Director and the Field Operations Manager.
She/He/They will work to find new fundraising strategies; increase our donor base; create and manage crowdfunding campaigns; research Grant and Trust opportunities; and generally work with the rest of the team to optimise the financial portfolio of the NGO.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to gain experience in the field of Donor Relations and Grant Management. If selected, you will be responsible for developing and optimising the NGO's fundraising strategy. If you are successful after a trial period, you will act officially as the Head of the Fundraising Department.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, with a possibility for remuneration after a trial period (always subject to the organisation's budget constraints).
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Together with the Director and Treasurer, develop the organisation's monthly fundraising strategy;
• Expand our donor base, and find new ways to engage and improve donor relations;
• Create and oversee crowdfunding campaigns, in collaboration with the Social Media manager;
• Research new Grant and Trust opportunities, and manage the application process when needed;
• Improve the NGO's accounting system and gather data on successful fundraising practices.
• University degree, preferably in the fields of Political Science, International Relations, Business Administration, Humanities, or similar;
• Experience in sales and/or fundraising for non-profit organisations;
• Grant management knowledge and experience;
• A proven record of developing business or donor relations in the private or non-profit sectors;
• Working knowledge of Project Management;
• Knowledge of crowdfunding platforms and experience managing fundraising campaigns;
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Advanced knowledge on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Professional or academic qualification in management or fundraising.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Working knowledge or Ukrainian and/or Russian;
• Interest in, knowledge of and passion for humanitarian aid.
What we offer
• Flexible hours and remote work;
• Volunteer contract;
• Possibility of joining the Senior Management Team as Head of the Fundraising Department;
• Possibility of remuneration after the trial period, subject to the NGO's budget constraints.
• A Letter of Recommendation and references to be provided at the end of the trial period;
• If needed, we can provide a volunteer certificate to be validated as part of your University degree.
How to apply
Please submit your CV in English with file name: (Name_Surname_CV_Fundraising Manager);
Subject of the e-mail: Name_Surname_Fundraising Manager.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org