Shelters to Shutters (S2S) is a 501(c)3 organization transitioning individuals and families out of homelessness to economic self-sufficiency by educating and engaging the real estate industry to provide employment and housing opportunities.
Shelters to Shutters of the National Capital Region (NCR) is looking for a program & development intern who is passionate about improving the lives of individuals and families in the NCR. The position is 12 hours per week and 100% remote.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Support the planning of events.
• Identify community partnerships and coordinate community outreach events.
• Assist with crafting monthly newsletters to local partners.
• Collect stories and testimonials from volunteers, program participants and industry partners.
• Research available and applicable grants and fundraising opportunities.
• Assist in maintaining grant calendar outlining grant requirements and application deadlines.
• Edit, proofread, and assist in writing non-grant narratives, reports, and success stories.
• Support donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
• Act as first point of contact and responder to all volunteer corporate group inquiries via phone and e-mail and manage the ongoing relationships through stewardship and recognition.
• Engage and recruit volunteer groups through community outreach events, individual engagement, and corporate communication.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Self-starter, who is detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Creative, adhere to deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written skills
• Work well with others, as well as independently
The internship is unpaid but can be used for college credit. The position is 12 hours/week and is 100 % remote and the candidate will need to use own computer. May need to assist with occasional night and weekend events.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and the name of one reference to email@example.com with the subject “Spring 2023 Development & Program Intern.”