Do you love to cook and want to help serve meals to unhoused neighbors? Then look no further! We would LOVE your help in the Nativity House Kitchen.
The Nativity House Kitchen serves as the primary food hub supporting Nativity House Shelter, the Nativity House Apartments, the Stability Site, and Family Housing Network. Needless to say, our kitchen is a busy place.
We’re looking for volunteers with basic kitchen skills, good energy and a desire to help. Scheduling is flexible but hours align with set meal times. We need volunteers for 1-3 hour blocks of time.
Breakfast @ 8:30 am
Lunch @ 11 am
Dinner @ 5:30 pm
Breakfast @ 9:30 am
Lunch @ 1:30 pm
Dinner @ 5:30 pm
- Help unload and sort grocery rescue food donations, and food from community donors
- Assist the Staff Day Chef in preparing breakfast, lunch or dinner for shelter guests and other CCS sites
- Help pack outbound morning food deliveries
- Greet guests as they come down the cafeteria line and help serve meals
- Help restock silverware and supplies needed on the food line and wipe down surfaces
- Assist with kitchen cleanup throughout the shift and help tidy up at the end of the shift
- Help run dishes through the industrial dishwasher
- Friendly, kind and good with a diverse group of people
- Good sense of humor, willingness to jump in where needed and a desire to help
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must pass a background check and attend a brief volunteer orientation
- Volunteers must sign a COVID-19 liability waiver to participate
- Volunteers must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination to serve onsite
- All volunteers must wear a surgical mask (provided by Volunteer Services program) at all times while at a Catholic Community Services run facility
How to get started:
Complete the online volunteer registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a volunteer registration form. Hard copies of registration materials can be mailed to your address.
Questions? Call 253-365-4111.