Position Description: UMR is seeking outgoing and polite individuals to assist our Washington DC office’s Call Center in promotion and outreach efforts for our upcoming #LebanonStrong campaign. We are looking for individuals that can work closely with other team members to provide outstanding service to our donors by answering questions, assisting with technical issues, and soliciting donations. They will also support our Donor Care Department in updating contact information collected over the course of the week-long campaign.
The Call Center Representative should be comfortable handling a high volume of calls and should seek to create a positive experience for each caller. They should also be courteous, polite, respectful, and professional in their interactions and are encouraged to engage with our donors about our #LebanonStrong campaign.
Department/Individuals Assisting: Our DC office’s Donor Department and Call Center
Responsible to: Our DC office’s Donor Relations Management Coordinator Hasnia Bekkadja and Donor Relations Specialist Nausheen Ahmed
- Placing outgoing calls to our database donors informing them about UMR’s 2021 #LebanonStrong Campaign
- Answering questions donors might have about the campaign
- Addressing problems or issues donors might be having while attempting to donate to the campaign
- Assisting in our donor outreach and solicitation to help us reach our fundraising goal for the campaign
- Recording and maintaining our call center databases by entering information accurately, timely, and in line with our guidelines
- Establishing a positive user experience throughout the call and retaining donor acquisition
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- English language proficiency
- Cordial, respectful, polite, and professional in communication
- Data entry skills and the ability to pay attention to details
- Tech-savvy, able to assist donors while multitasking on the computer and phone
- Experience with Google Drive, specifically Google Sheets
- Bilingual (Arabic preferably)
- Previous experience with customer service and/or donor outreach
- Flexibility within commitment during week for assisting Call Center
- Assistance will be needed throughout the duration of our campaign starting on August 3rd and lasting the whole week.
- Additional assistance the following week to collect, review, and update donor information will also be needed
- Volunteers will be asked to contribute 20-30 hours throughout the duration of this opportunity during the work week. Flexibility as to days and time will be allotted.
- Able to complete the training necessary prior to the start of the campaign on Sunday, August 1st at 12:00 PM EST.
- Reliable internet connection and phone connectivity
- Google Suite
Application: To apply for this volunteer opportunity, you can email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Upon receiving your interest, they will invite you to the necessary training on Sunday, August 1st which is required to complete this opportunity. During this meeting, you finalize the schedules of your commitment for the week and receive your orientation packet including our donor call sheets, scripts, and instructions.