Every day, PHL Volunteer Navigators provide a vital customer experience by connecting passengers to the world, helping make PHL their connection of choice! PHL is the first and last impression of the region for the traveling public, our team of Navigators help passengers find their gate and terminal, locate amenities and dining choices, understand transportation options, provide information on PHL attractions, and much more.
While adhering to health and safety protocols, according to PHL policy our team of Navigators enjoy learning from and interacting with other people, make new friends while providing an exceptional customer experience to all of the travelers connecting trough, visiting or returning home to Philadelphia.
There are many benefits of becoming a PHL Volunteer Navigator:
• Become an airport insider and experience the airport behind-the-scenes
• Enjoy discounts at airport food and shops
• Purchase discounted SEPTA passes
• Receive free garage parking during volunteer shifts and while traveling
• Attend volunteer social activities, service recognition events, tours, and field trips
• Volunteer uniform and training provided by PHL
PHL Volunteer Program Requirements:
• Minimum of one, 4-hour shift each week (8am-12noon, 12noon-4pm, or 4pm-8pm)
• Volunteers must successfully pass a criminal history background check and reference check
• One year commitment
• Friendly and willing to assist passengers
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and learn new skills
• Multilingual is a plus
Training consists of learning how to navigate the terminals, how to properly answer customers’ questions, how to provide an exceptional customer experience, use technology to guide airport customers, learning emergency procedures, transportation information, a walking tour, and more.