Location: 316-4211 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
More information: https://www.parkinson.ca/wp-content/uploads/%E2%81%ADVolunteer-Posting-C...
Must be verified by:
VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE – PARKINSON CANADA SUPERWALK TORONTO
About Parkinson Canada:
Parkinson Canada is the national voice of Canadians living with Parkinson’s disease. From diagnosis to discovery, we guide the way for Canadians to live well with Parkinson’s disease through education, advocacy and support services. Our National Research Program funds innovative research to search for better treatments and a cure. A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada fulfils its mission through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
About Parkinson Canada SuperWalk
Parkinson Canada SuperWalk is the largest nationwide fundraising event for Parkinson Canada. Approximately 10,000 people from coast-to-coast organize and take part in Parkinson Canada SuperWalk.
Parkinson Canada SuperWalk will take place in September 2019 in communities throughout Canada. Since 1990, SuperWalk has raised more than $38 million in support of a vision of a better life today for Canadians living with Parkinson's; a world without Parkinson's tomorrow.
What We Need:
Have you, your family, or friends been touched by Parkinson’s disease? Are you interested in meeting new people, working as a team and spreading the awareness of Parkinson’s disease? Then we’re looking for you! Parkinson Canada SuperWalk Toronto is looking for various Volunteer Committee members to assist with the coordination and execution of Parkinson SuperWalk Toronto.
• Work with Parkinson Canada staff and volunteer committee to assist in planning, promotion and day-of execution.
• Take responsibility for executing one key area of Parkinson Canada SuperWalk Toronto: Food & Beverage, Advertising, Sponsorship & Prizes, Route Marshal Coordination, Volunteer Recruiter, and Volunteer Sub-Coordinator
• Attend monthly committee meetings (May-September) and work with committee volunteers ensure appropriate orientation of day-of volunteer coverage.
• Work with volunteers to coordinate services needed for the day-of in your functional area (which may include: venue, entertainment, food and drink, supplies, etc.).
• Maintain and provide regular updates via GoogleDocs
• Serve as the area lead onsite on the day of the event to facilitate a successful event. Must be available for Parkinson SuperWalk Toronto at Ashbridges Bay Park on Saturday, September 7th and/or Earl Bales Park on Sunday, September 8, 2019.
• Possess exceptional leadership capabilities and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Be available for the time commitment needed to ensure the success of the event.
• Mature, responsible and dependable.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have a volunteer police check.
Our Volunteer Committee positions are available to all ages and include flexible time commitments, mentorship for new members, education and training, and excellent leadership experience.
If you like an opportunity to be a part of something from the beginning to the end that supports a great cause this is the position for you.
Please reference PCSWToronto-19 when applying and indicate your area of interest. Role specific details will be provided.
Submit your resume to:
Community Development Coordinator, Toronto
"Share GozAround to Earn your first Profile Badge
Your Personal Referral Link:
Share GozAround to help us build the world's largest online community of people who care. As a thank you, you will receive 50 BONUS POINTS for every new user your refer.
Use the buttons below to share your personalized referral link or copy and paste it wherever you like.