Mission and objectives
The United Nations (UN) World Food Programme (WFP) mission is to end global hunger. WFP provides food assistance at the onset of emergencies and to promote economic and social development. The World Food Programme was founded in 1963 and is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
Purpose of the job is to perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
• Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
• Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
• Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
• Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
• Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
• Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
• Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
• Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
For the full details of this position, please visit the UN Volunteer program website at: https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1703202665289984