The Wornall/Majors House Museums are seeking volunteer actors for our busiest nights of the year. Each October people from around Kansas City gather to be thrilled while learning about their city’s history. Ghosts tours are a mixture of lore, legends, and factual information. For this year's event week are looking for speakers to learn a short or long monologue to recite the event. Topics include ghosts of the Majors House, superstitions, and death and dying in the 19th Century. Volunteers will receive the option to purchase reduce priced tickets.
We are a non-profit that operates two of Kansas City’s most historic structures: the John Wornall House and the Alexander Majors House. These historic homes serve as the dynamic backdrop for events and community gatherings. We strive to tell an inclusive and accessible story about American mid-nineteenth-century history.
• Come prepared with monologue memorized
• Deliver monologue for nine different groups
• Help create a memorable experience for visitors
• Help protect the historic house
Time commitment and schedule:
• Volunteers should be available on October 22 and October 29 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
• Preference for volunteers who can perform both nights. However, one night volunteer opportunities are available.
Wornall Majors Volunteer Manager