Storytelling Guru — We need YOU!
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about storytelling? If YES!, you might be the force that helps us attract funding for the next version of our transformational math software designed to help English learner students.
Our educational nonprofit has created a "massively multilingual" math practice website - Math4ALL - to help English learners stay on pace with their English-speaking peers while they learn English.
The primary focus of this position is researching funding opportunities and then writing persuasive copy for grant applications. This storytelling position will also involve collaborating on the text for fundraising emails, video scripts, social media posts, etc.
This is a virtual position so you can be located anywhere. Once funding is available, this volunteer position could become a paid position.
MORE ABOUT MATH4ALL
Math4ALL is currently accessible in 24 languages. Once it is in 95 languages, it will be accessible in the languages spoken by over 99% of English learners in U.S. schools. Math4ALL represents a genre of educational software we call "massively multilingual." The goal is to help mainstream English learners from their first day of school.
The 2-minute video in this posting explains why Math4ALL is so needed. (For example, there are 204 languages spoken by English learners in the Charlotte-Mecklenberg School District.)
Math4ALL is aligned with the Common Core and is research-based and foundational to STEM education.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You will be working directly with the CEO, according to your availability, to. . .
• Familiarize yourself with our organization's program, goals and financial needs.
• Develop narrative, storytelling content for the following:
• Grant applications
• Letters of inquiry
• Fundraising emails
• Social media posts
• Our website
Collaborate on the fundraising/grant-submission strategy and research key opportunities. One option is identifying funders that support school districts that have a high number of languages spoken by their students.
• Superb writing skills.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with organizing information.
• Ability to think critically about what information is needed to craft compelling cases for support.
• Adaptability and flexibility in shifting gears to address time sensitive projects.
• Enthusiasm and passion for our mission.
• Thrives in a rapid response environment and enjoys working with a dynamic team.
• Independent and self-motivated.
• Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication and collaboration.
If you would like to help move the needle in helping this huge, national student population of English learners, please contact us. Thank you for considering this opportunity!