We are looking for a Web Developer (Volunteer) who is interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in their career. We expect you to be a self-starting professional who is curious about new digital technologies, communicates well and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Ultimately.
You should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our organisation, ensuring great user experience. If you fit in the description, please send us your resume and a customised cover letter.
WHO ARE WE NOW?
We are a small body operating as a non-profit organisation working with youth, women, and children ages 10-35. We envision creating an environment free of all forms of injustices against
Young people. We strongly believe the future is there!
Our mission is to protect, promote, empower and educate young people about their human rights by providing them with the necessary skills, knowledge and platforms to fight against all forms of injustice jeopardising their developmental process through sport, music, poetry writing, debate, quiz, conferences and workshops
Aims and Objectives
a) Providing child-parenting education to parents, child caregivers, and whosoever is dealing with children.
b) Providing human rights education to parents and children for a better understating of their fundamental human rights to enhance their capacity to fight against all forms of injustice around them
c) Connecting missing street children with their parents
d) Providing parents, families, and communities with counseling support to help them navigate difficult life situations, such as the death of a loved one, divorce, natural disasters, school stress and the loss of a job
e) We use advocacy as a tool to educate youth, women, and children about human rights and other issues relating to violence, women and girls especially on sexual gender based violence, teenage pregnancy, female genital mutilation, rape and early marriage
f) Providing leadership skills training to young people through our online and offline webinar, workshops, and conferences both local and international.
Organising online and offline youth capacity building training
Hosting national and regional meaningful debates and workshops that promote education, peace, women's health, and fight against rape, FGM, domestic violence, SGBV, corporal punishment and more.
Fundraising through dramas and women and girl's events to support women, girls and to renovate depilated school structures, provide water wells, and provide learning materials for school pupils
Use sports, music and poetry workshops to amply the voices of young people to speak up against all forms of injustice in society
Celebrating the following days;
International Women's Day [March 8th]
International Day of Education [January 24th]
International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital [February 2nd]
International Children's Day [November 20th]
International Day of the African child [June 16th]
International Youth Day [August 12th]
We focus o:
The candidate should be able to build a responsive websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface, to finished deliverable, below are expected of the candidate,
* Responsible for the development and design of web applications and components using HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL
* Build fully functional WordPress websites based on business requirements and design specifications.
* Design, code, test, and implement web sites and applications, for either internal or external uses
* Support and maintain existing web applications * Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
* Debug, correct, and update errors or exceptions in the front end or back end systems
* Stay up-to-date on new and emerging technologies
* Write code to implement visual elements into various web applications
* Assist in troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose application and server related problems
* Meet tight deadlines as required
* Communicate with team members about current projects Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Web Development or relevant field
* 3-5 years of full-stack PHP web development experience
* Experience with LESS, SASS or SCSS
* Some experience with database management and SQL/MySQL
* Some experience with Bootstrap framework
* Proficient in building and maintaining websites built in WordPress (including theme and plugin development) * Some experience with RESTful APIs
* Experience with popular angular js, React.js workflows, such as Redux or Relay is a plus
* Understanding of the entire web development process from design to deployment * Meticulous work habits and creative problem solving skills
* Proactive and resourceful self-starter attitude. Highly reliable/ dependable If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply. Perks * Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
* Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
* Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory * Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
* Have fun while you make a difference Expectations You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours a week.
We prefer candidates who can commit a minimum of six months to our organization. This is a work at home position.
To Apply Please send us a resume and carefully reasoned, customised cover letter that outlines your experience and skill set and explains why you're a good fit for this position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send cover letters to . Our mission must resonate deeply with you. We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. You must confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. Send your details here email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to working with whosoever is interested in working with us. Here is our present website address future-leaders-initiative-sl0.webnode.com. Stay safe and keep yourself cool!