Location: 230 NW Third Ave, Visalia, California, Austria
Date: Mar 30, 2020 To Aug 31, 2020
People Required: 2
Estimated Time Required: Ongoing
More information: https://www.redcross.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer.html
Age: 18 To 99
Must be verified by:
PURPOSE: The Public Affairs team tells the Red Cross story. They connect the public with our mission and activities. Through this, they support recruiting new volunteers, developing partners, education, and donor support. On this team, we have story tellers, videographers, photographers, bloggers, public speakers; students, retirees and working professionals.
Public Affairs Volunteers are visionaries... are you our next team member?
* Serve as media spokesperson for local news outlets in person, over the phone or through Skype interviews.
* Work with chapter and regional leadership to write and pitch local stories to local media.
* Write and distribute media advisories and press releases.
* Maintain list of subject matter experts to speak with media.
* Maintain media log of queries, interviews and news stories.
* Create and maintain media lists.
* Be on call during shifts to vet and assess media inquires, share information on smaller incidents, and notify leadership of need to scale up response.
* Carry out the same duties from: Red Cross shelters, aid stations, warehouses, emergency operations centers, etc.
- Red Cross orientation (mission,values, culture, history, lines of service)
- Database and system training (Volunteer Connection, Brand Central)
- Disaster Public Affairs training (if you are interested; not a requirement)
- Aprox. 7-10 hrs of training for new volunteers
*Once trained may remain active as long as desired – 6 months preferred*
"Share GozAround to Earn your first Profile Badge
Your Personal Referral Link:
Share GozAround to help us build the world's largest online community of people who care. As a thank you, you will receive 50 BONUS POINTS for every new user your refer.
Use the buttons below to share your personalized referral link or copy and paste it wherever you like.