Location: Alberta, Canada
People Required: 5
Estimated Time Required: Ongoing
More information: https://cnib.ca/en/volunteer-opportunity/ambassador-partner-driver?regio...
Age: 18 To 70
Must be verified by:
This is an opportunity to promote education on vision health, vision loss, and prevention. Support Ambassadors out in the community.
• Work with Ambassadors to educate the public about the CNIB Foundation programs and Vision Loss Rehabilitation services, and vision loss as a whole.
• Work with Program Lead to coordinate bookings and travel to events.
• Drive Ambassadors to engagements and return them to their homes.
• Contact Ambassadors to confirm time of pick-up and associated details.
• Set up display and demonstrate technical aids as required.
• When necessary, accompany Ambassador from the vehicle to the specific location to make sure they arrive, providing sighted guide as needed.
• Help set up and tear down any associated materials.
• Submit mileage expenses to Program Lead.
Qualities, Skills, and Training include:
• A belief in the mission, vision, and values of CNIB and a passion for making a difference in the vision loss community.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to drive and have strong enough mobility to support their volunteer.
• May be required to drive own vehicle (with reimbursement for mileage).
• Ability to lift and carry up to 10kg.
• Candidates must attend Volunteer Orientation and they may choose to attend Ambassador training if they wish.
• Minimum 18 years old.
"Share GozAround to Earn your first Profile Badge
Your Personal Referral Link:
Share GozAround to help us build the world's largest online community of people who care. As a thank you, you will receive 50 BONUS POINTS for every new user your refer.
Use the buttons below to share your personalized referral link or copy and paste it wherever you like.