Location: United States of America
People Required: 15
Estimated Time Required: Ongoing
More information: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp3024377.jsp
Must be verified by:
Project Name: Medicinal Foods
Project Duration: (in months) 6-12 months (Ongoing)
Project outline: 1. Use citizen science to gather and validate data about the different foods and food-preparations from both traditional knowledge and current scientific enquiry.
2. To make such data available for use by anyone in the world through online apps.
Role Summary: (Briefly explain the overview of the role in 1-2 sentences)
To Create an android native app. Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools. Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
Essential Tasks: (List down the essential tasks that individual perform in the job)
• Work closely with Product teams, business teams and other areas to understand and contribute to the execution of projects
• Assure execution of projects by delivering assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Ensure projects are deployed on time with little to no downtime
• Instill a level of confidence in technical knowledge in order to suggest and deliver solutions
• Understand and help execute the technical roadmap, including adjustments based on a dynamic business environment and priorities
• Provide technical leadership by helping to establish best practices, recommend design patterns, identify opportunities to refactor code, oversee project execution and mentor team members
• Provide quality solutions/applications, evaluate technologies and provide reference implementations
• Understand business requirements and make technical design decisions that fulfill them
• Participate and perform technical design reviews and code reviews
Skills & Competencies: (List all critical skills needed for this role. Be specific)
• Multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
• Passion for analyzing and improving runtime efficiency and memory footprint.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
• Public showcase and repository of Mobile Apps and work desirable.
Software tools & Program knowledge: (List all software tools & program knowledge or experience critical for the role. Be specific)
• Web services
• Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
• Test Driven Development (TDD), Jenkins, Network layer like Volley, Retrofit Desired Skills
• Maven, Gradle, Git, Android Studio/Eclipse
"Share GozAround to Earn your first Profile Badge
Your Personal Referral Link:
Share GozAround to help us build the world's largest online community of people who care. As a thank you, you will receive 50 BONUS POINTS for every new user your refer.
Use the buttons below to share your personalized referral link or copy and paste it wherever you like.