Location: 1111 11 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
People Required: 100
Estimated Time Required: 2 – 5 hours
More information: https://www.ccisab.ca/services/services-for/volunteers.html
Age: 18 To 99
Must be verified by:
Professional Guest Speaker Volunteers provide support for the Calgary: A New Chapter program. Volunteers will work with the program coordinator to develop high quality professional presentations to introduce professional newcomers to topics related to settlement and integration in Calgary. Professional guest speakers are expected to deliver interactive presentations in the following areas: Civic Participation, Canadian Workplace Culture, Cultural Adaptation, Family, Finances, Housing, Professional Accreditation, and Job Search Strategies.
Time Commitment and Location
Volunteers should expect to commit to at least one presentation; subsequent presentations will be scheduled based on audience feedback, at the discretion of the program coordinator. Tasks for each presentation will include working individually to develop audio and visual materials, and delivering the presentation. Presentations are generally 1 to 2 hours in length and must be delivered during daytime (generally mornings). Exact dates and times will be arranged with the program coordinator. The estimated time commitment is 4 hours per month.
• A minimum of 3 years of Canadian professional experience in field of presentation
• First-hand information on the presentation topic in the Canadian context
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards assisting new immigrants
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
• Understanding and compliance with CCIS policies
Benefits to Volunteers
Volunteers will have the chance to deliver impactful advice to new immigrants while further developing communication and presentation skills. Presentation hours can be used to fulfill individual and team professional development and community service requirements.
Contact and resume referral:
Lily Cai - Volunteer Resources Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org // 403.290.5753
"Share GozAround to Earn your first Profile Badge
Your Personal Referral Link:
Share GozAround to help us build the world's largest online community of people who care. As a thank you, you will receive 50 BONUS POINTS for every new user your refer.
Use the buttons below to share your personalized referral link or copy and paste it wherever you like.